Whether you’re the bride, mother of the bride or groom, bridesmaid or simply a cherished guest, this guide will help you achieve flawless photos that will last a lifetime! The first step is to schedule a consultation to discuss your specific issues and create a stress-free timeline. The earlier you consult, the more time you have to address multiple areas of concern.
* Acne or Acne Scarring: Even the most experienced make up artist can’t completely hide texture problems. If you have regular acne, you’ll want to start and test a topical and prescription program, along with other chemical peels and laser and light treatments months before the big day. For post-acne scarring, certain laser treatments can greatly improve the appearance and texture of the skin: Intensif Micro-Needling, Fraxel (re:store dual)™, Fraxel (re:pair)™, V-Beam Perfecta® and Excel V™.
* Body Contouring and Sculpting: Forget the SPANX. We recommend CoolSculpting at least 3 months before a wedding to safely, non-invasively and permanently destroy subcutaneous fat – that pesky outer layer of fat that can evade even the best diet and exercise regimen. Contour and sculpt your stomach, flanks, thighs, arms, under-bra bulge and/or chin. For best results, Dr. Jennifer Chwalek recommends pursuing a full treatment series 6-9 months before a wedding.
* Cellulite Reduction: Honeymoon on the beach without a care in the world. The “smoother” types of cellulite can be treated by delivering radio frequency and infrared energy to the underlying skin layers; we often achieve excellent results with devices such as the Velashape III.
* Excessive Underarm Sweating: Address excessive sweating before standing up at an outdoor summer ceremony. We were one of the first dermatology practices in the U.S. to offer the miraDry® procedure, an innovative treatment that provides a safe and lasting solution to excessive underarm sweating.
* Rosacea: Be a blushing bride, on your own terms. Laser treatments such as V-Beam Perfecta and Excel V can reduce redness and improve the appearance of blood vessels associated with this condition for more even complexion.
* Sallow Skin: Reignite your glow before the big day with one of our medical aestheticians. The Oxylight Facial harnesses energy to restore your body’s natural currents, improving lymph and blood circulation while stimulating fibroblasts that encourage collagen production. The OxyLight by Sapphire 3® technology integrates Oxygen with Light Therapy, Micro-Current and Light Stimulation, Diamond Microdermabrasion, Biosonix Ultrasound, Negative Pressure and Oxygen Therapy. For best results, we recommend 6-10 consecutive treatments, 2 weeks apart.
* Skin Laxity: We see many mothers of the bride who address skin laxity of jowls, cheeks, neck, buttocks, extremities, abdomen, eye lids and hands. We offer non-surgical devices that use various types of energy (such as radio waves, heat, lasers and ultrasound) to heat the deeper layers in the skin to stimulate collagen production and improve laxity. Results can be seen within days after treatment and continue to improve in the 3-6 months following the treatment.
* Sun Spots: Sun spots are flat, discrete brown areas that usually appear on the face, chest, back, back of the hands and top of the feet. Melasma is a pigmentation disorder characterized by the development of irregular dark patches on the face in response to pregnancy, hormones or sun exposure. Laser treatments, such as Alex TriVantage laser, Fraxel (re:store dual)™ and Clear+Brilliant Permea can treat uneven pigmentation on all of these areas.
* Wrinkles: Erase any worries of squinting or crinkling your brow in the sun or showing frown lines when you cry happy tears. Botulinum toxin injections and dermal fillers can reduce or eliminate wrinkles by relaxing facial muscles or adding volume under the surface of the skin. Our dermatologists are internationally acclaimed experts in the use of Botox and dermal fillers, with a reputation for achieving natural results.